Submissions for Dreaming Rabbit Press Anthologies is OPEN!
Our team is looking for theme fitting submissions in all sorts of varieties. Alongside short stories and poetry, we accept photography and artwork for our anthologies. Deadlines and themes are listed below.
Here are a few important things to keep in mind:
- Submissions received after the deadline will be ignored.
- Formatting must match our Manuscript Guidelines.
- The stories must meet the requirements of the themes.
- Absolutely no fan fiction or fan art.
- No plagiarized works. We will check.
- No 18+ content. No Erotica. No excessive gore.
- No pornography.
- All ages are welcome to submit. Contributors under the age of 16 must have parental permission and sign a Guardian for Minor Agreement.
- Minimum of 1500 words unless stated otherwise.
- Maximum of 5000 words unless stated otherwise.
- Limited to 1 submission per person.
- No multi-submissions. Visit our FAQ for more information.
- Limited to 2 pieces per submission.
- No song lyrics.
- Must stay within 3 pages per piece.
Art and Photography:
- Limit of 1 submission.
- No cosplay or fan art submissions.
- No pornography, hentai, or excessively graphic visual content.
- It must meet the theme.
- File sizes and dimensions must meet our Visual Media Guidelines.
- Short stories – $15
- Poetry – $5 per piece
- Artwork – $25 per piece
- Photography – $25 per piece
Accepted contributions will need a Contributors Agreement signed and agreed to. A sample agreement can be found here.
Contributors will receive 1 free physical copy, 1 free digital copy in the format of their choice (.epub; .mobi; .doc; .pdf) and a discount code for up to 10 additional physical copies.
All payments are made through Paypal and Square.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Anthology title in the subject line. Attach a .doc file or include the submission in the body of the email, clearly defined with use of three asterix * .
Be sure to include the following information in the body of your message BEFORE the submission:
- Your Full Legal Name
- Your PenName if Used
- Your Professional Website or Social Media Link
- A 50-word Biography to be included with the work.
- You may include a professional photograph to be used at the discretion of the Publisher via their website for promotional purposes.
- The Medium you are submitting (short story, art, photograph, poem).
- Title of Your Work
- Word Count for Written Work (not including Poetry).
**NOTICE TO SUBMITTING CREATORS**
Thank you for your interest in working with Dreaming Rabbit Press Co. The information you provide us will be used ONLY for contacting you about your submission and payment, as well as expediting the process of reviews. Emailing our Submissions team is the only way we accept submissions. Emails to our Contact page or emails that do not contain the proper information will be ignored.
You will receive an email response within 24 hours of your submission. This is your confirmation that we received your work, NOT that it has been accepted. We will notify you via email if your submission has been accepted. This could take 4-6 weeks. Please, do not bombard us with queries until 1 month after the submission deadline.
In the event of an unexpected delay, we will contact you to determine the next steps moving forward.
As Always, if you have any questions regarding information not covered in our Submissions Guidelines or our FAQ, feel free to contact us via email@example.com or on our Contact or Facebook Pages.
By submitting your work, you are agreeing to have your work published in our Anthologies.
Swords raised, dragons abound, and samurais pressing the offensive line, heartache is bound to happen. Dreaming Rabbit Press welcomes you to submit your most heartwrenching short stories to our July anthology, Petals and Blades.
Our staff wants to be in tears by the end of your story. We’ve stocked our shelves with tissues, padded all our furniture, and gathered our snuggling blankets up for an emotional rollercoaster. We want you to bring to us the most powerful stories you have in the fantasy genre.
The deadline for this anthology will be April 1st, 2018 at midnight EST.
- 1500-7000 words
- Must include plants and bladed weapons in the main theme.
- Must be fantasy.
- Must have a heart-breaking or tragic ending.Release Coming in July 2018. Pre-Orders ready mid-June 2018.
From the depths of the earth where blood boils rock, to the furthest reaches of the sea where the weight of the world crushes the weak, undiscovered creatures exist and magic fluctuates. Be cautious not to break under the pressure, or melt into nothing.
Bring us the most magical, mysterious, and fascinating stories you can muster from the most unreachable places of the earth. Mermaids, magma monsters, killer sharks, and volcano gods, the possibilities are endless.
The deadline for these stories is June 30th at Midnight.
- Must either take place under the sea or within the realm of an active volcano.
- There must be a creature or being from one of the two extreme environments.
- Romance, fantasy, horror, all genres are welcome to submit.
- 1500-7000 words.
- All ages and levels of writing welcome!
As the sun sets on All Hallow’s Eve, it has been said the darkest of powers can be tapped into by even the least skilled of magic dabblers and the dead roam the earth in many forms. Unrest and uneasiness spread among the living, as it has for centuries. People still create faces on plants to ward off evil. Those who dare to push the boundaries of the realms may find themselves lost in a maze of their own making.
Grab your tinctures, cauldrons, and ancient summoning circles. It is time to share with us your darkest, creepiest, and most interesting stories of summonings on Halloween Night.
The deadline is Aug 1st, 2018 @ Midnight EST
- The creation must be themed around summonings.
- It must take place on Halloween Night.
- 1500-7000 Words
- Must be Modern or futuristic in nature.